Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wonders Never Cease

Every once and a while I have to just sit and stare at my children and wonder to myself, "how the heck did I have anything to do with creating these perfect little beings?" Then a moment or two later one of them will spill an entire container of yogurt on the floor, run into the corner of the kitchen table, or snort when they laugh and I think..."yeah....they're mine alright".

My children are amazing. Amazingly intelligent. Amazingly funny. Amazingly sweet. And yes...there are times when they are amazingly frustrating. There must be a reason that God made children, kittens and puppies so darn cute. My guess is that it has something to do with the fact that they all ruin your stuff at one point or another.....or with the fact that they aren't born potty trained.

I can't even begin to imagine the many ways that they will amaze me in the years to come.  I knew what to expect when they were babies (first words, first steps, and so many other milestones), but I wasn't prepared for how amazing I would find it all.  I'm sure all parents feel this way.....we know that millions of children have reached the same milestones, but it still seems like some kind of miracle when our own children grow and change before our eyes.

Wonders never cease.

No comments:

Post a Comment