Monday, February 13, 2012

I Must Be Getting Old

Last night I had a hard time staying up to finish watching the Grammy's....which should have been my first clue ;)   I managed to make it through to the end, but I didn't know who most of the artists were.  The thing towards the end with the mouse was totally confusing to me.  I'm too young to feel old!  I need to make an effort to stay current I guess. 

One thing really bothered me about this years Grammy's.  I really don't understand why we continue to glorify someone who is guilty of domestic violence.  A pro athlete gets caught being involved in dog fighting and the whole country hates him, but Chris Brown can punch his girlfriend in the face and still sell hundreds of thousands of albums?  I don't even think he's that talented....but even if he was....really? 

I know people make mistakes.  I believe in second chances.  I just don't understand how some people can get away with the things that they do.  Maybe I missed his heartfelt apology.  Maybe there's counseling and community service going on that I don't know about.  I just can't see him without thinking about what he did.  I don't want to watch him sing and dance.  Like I said....maybe I'm getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment