Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Another Day in Love

My husband and I don't usually make a big deal out of Valentine's Day.  We don't make dinner reservations and fight the crowds at the movies.  I don't expect jewelry or anything fancy.  For us Valentine's Day is just another day that we are in love.  It's a good reminder to be romantic and to take the time to tell each other what we mean to one another.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm sure having two small children has something to do with our attitude towards this holiday....and towards romance in general.  We've had to really make an effort to find little moments together amid the chaos that is our wonderful life.  When you don't have a lot of time alone together you have to make the most of the time you have.  A little "just because" love note goes a long way too.

Maybe someday when our kids are older we will leave them with Grandma so that we can do the traditional Valentine's Day thing.  In the meantime I'm loving being in love...chaos and all.  Our two little valentines just mean more love and more fun :) 


Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope your day is full of sweetness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment